Update as of October 21, 2020
Dear BGA Families,
I hope this update finds you well. We have really enjoyed being back in the gym with you this fall and welcoming the children back to a safe and fun gymnastics environment.
As we move smoothly through our Fall Session, we are also looking ahead to our Winter Session. If you have a credit from last year’s Spring Session 2020, we are asking that you pay special attention to the following options for that credit.
- You may use your credit to register for Winter Session (pending availability in programming).
- You may request a refund.
We are unable to carry these credits forward, so if we do not hear from you by December 1, 2020 with your preferred option, your credit will be voided. You can contact the gym by phone or email to make arrangements as necessary.
We want to thank families for your support and for the way you have adapted to our new COVID policies this year. We appreciate the trust you have placed in us.
This information, along with our COVID policies and registration policies can be found on our website.
If you need further information, please contact Emily at the gym.
Update as of August 11, 2020
Dear Recreational Families,
We hope this update finds you well and that you have been able to enjoy some summer fun with your children. We are happy to report that we can open recreational programming for the fall as part of the Ontario Government’s Stage 3 re-opening.
I want to thank everyone for your support for BGA and our staff over the past months. The BGA team has been working hard to ensure your child’s safe return to gymnastics. Over the summer we have run competitive training, summer camp, and a short summer recreational session. These programs have been very successful, and we have every confidence in our ability to follow the Return to Play protocols as laid out for us by Gymnastics Ontario in consultation with Ontario Public Health.
In the spring, we asked families to consider taking a credit for the missed spring session and we can’t thank you enough for the overwhelming support we received. It has been instrumental in getting us to the point we are at now. As previously mentioned, priority registration for the fall session will be given to those families with a credit. Families with credit will be allowed to register first and then any remaining spots will be opened for general registration.
The Return to Play guidelines will require procedures to be a little different for the fall session. To ensure that we continue to be forthcoming with the necessary information allowing you to make informed decisions please see the following guidelines:
- All of our cleaning protocols follow the direction of Gymnastics Ontario. Policies and procedures are available to read on the Gymnastics Ontario website and are posted around the gym. Equipment is cleaned after each group’s use and the whole gym is cleaned between classes.
- The viewing area will remain closed for the fall session. We are limited on how many people can be in the gym at one time, and therefore, all spaces will be used for athletes and coaches.
- Once you register, you will receive details on our pick-up/drop-off procedures. We will use one door to pick-up and a second door to drop-off to ensure groups do not cross paths.
- Waivers and daily screening are required for each athlete. Waivers are done on line at the time of registration and parents will be required to complete the COVID Daily screening protocols each time their child attends class.
- We are abiding by the social distancing protocols and at this time we are NOT spotting any skills.
- If we face a second government-mandated shut down our policy will be: if more than 25% of classes remain in the session, credit will be determined at the discretion of the Board of Directors.
- All registrations will be done online and payment will be made via e-transfer to avoid contact.
We hope to see our families back in recreational programming as we slowly and cautiously return to gymnastics. If you have further questions about the Return to Play guidelines or BGA’s policies and procedures, please contact Emily at the gym.
Thank you for your patience and we are looking forward to a fun fall session,
Ashley Lawrence, BGA President
Update as of June 20, 2020
We received EXCITING news today from Gymnastics Ontario that Summer Camp can begin the week of July 6th following Ontario Public Health and Gymnastics Ontario guidelines.
The duration of the program will only be offered Monday-Friday (no 1/2 days or 1-2 days per week like we have offered in past summers)
Thanks for your patience! We can’t wait to get started!
Update as of May 15, 2020
We hope this update finds you well and that each and everyone of you are healthy and keeping active. We are still missing our gymnasts very much.
Firstly, I want to take the opportunity to thank you for your outpouring of support this past month. We put a call out asking for your help to keep the club operational while we can’t be together, and you answered in overwhelming numbers. Thank you for your unwavering support.
Secondly, you may have read today that the Provincial Government is allowing individual, competitive sports to return where ‘Return to Play’ protocols from Provincial Sport Organizations are in place. For us, this organization is Gymnastics Ontario. We have received the list of protocols from GO and it is a lengthy list. We are very excited about the prospect of reopening our doors to competitive training, however at this point there are still many hurdles in the ‘Return to Play’ protocol that we must have in place before we resume training.
Coaching ratios, pick-up and drop-off, washroom/changeroom, cleaning and safety protocols all need to be put in place to meet the conditions of the ‘Return to Play’. We are working hard with GO to ensure we are doing everything we can to be able to open once we are ready.
Recreational parents, this also means that the gym will remain closed for all non-competitive programming. For those wondering about summer camp, the Provincial Government has yet to address this. We will communicate summer plans as soon as we can.
We want you to know that we want nothing more than to be back in the gym, but we also want to ensure we are doing so with the utmost focus on the safety of our athletes and staff. Please be patient a little while longer.
Thank you for continuing to support us and for your understanding as we once again navigate new waters.
If you have specific questions, please contact Emily at the gym.
Ashley Lawrence, BGA President
Emily Dancy, Club Director