Movers & Shakers Playschool (Sept – June)
Brochure can be found here (2020-2021) – NEW Movers & Shakers is now offered 5 days of the week.
REGISTER here (November forms coming soon)
Snow Day Policy: If buses are cancelled due to inclement weather, Movers & Shakers program will also be cancelled. A credit will be provided to register for another date.
This program is offered to pre-school aged children. it is geared towards getting your child prepared for school while incorporating lots of physical activity. A limited number of spots are available, so register soon! (No classes on holidays)
Gymnastics activities help to work on your child’s coordination, static and dynamic balance, posture, body awareness and strength. It also develops physical courage, determination, perseverance and self-confidence. Research shows that movement promotes language development. This program will also help to develop group readiness skills, patience, fairness, and following directions.
Our program is run by qualified gymnastics coaches with updated first aid and CPR qualifications and a qualified Educational Assistant. All children are required to fill out a Gymnastics Ontario form for insurance purposes (one-time $35 insurance fee valid July 1 to June 30)
Days: Monday – Friday
*Children need to bring own lunch, snacks and drinks
Cost: Full day $37 – Registrations for this program are made on a monthly basis, during the last week of the month for the upcoming month
Early care – 7:30-8:30am – $8 extra
Late care – 3:30-5:00pm – $10 extra
- All payments must be made in advance.
- No credit for sick days, 48 hours notice for cancellations or changes to days
- Cancellations for Snow Days will follow UCDSB
A typical day at Playschool:
- Fine Motor Activities
- Gym Circle Time – songs, counting, letters, days of the week, weather
- Locomotion Warm-Up – running, jumping, marching, games)
- Mini Tumblers Gymnastics Circuits – structured continuous movement on bars, beam, trampoline, vault and floor
- Morning Snack
- Morning Learning – ABC’s, tracing
- Outdoor Play or Library
- 1/2 hour Quiet Time – Magic School Bus series
- Gross Motor Skills – activity in gym
- Afternoon Snack
- Afternoon learning– Math centers or sheet work
- Free Play in Gym